The goal of this exercise is to keep my pen moving. I would describe the stuff that I make as functional. I like organic, flowy ideas as well as having a certain pattern about it. Very Fibonacci sequence. I like working with white clay really cause it's easy. I like food, I like to make things for people I love, I think I make the best things when I make things for people I love, as in, I have a person in mind that I am making it for. 


What and why of my work. 

I want to create functional pieces. Each with a person in mind. That has organic, set patterns in it. In this exhibition, I have food as a theme. I also like nature as a theme. I like the idea of a plant themed exhibit, a nature formation kind of theme too. These are my influences as my upbringing. I like Malaysia. 

I think Jaime would be a piece. My mom. My brother. My dad. My grandma. 

family themed pieces, for food? For nature? I feel like each person gives me different vibes. Like, Shyn Ru would be a food pieces, so would Jaime. Whereas mama would be a plant themed one, popo would be a natural formation kind of piece. Daddy would also be a nature formation kind of theme. Koko would be a food themed. 

I think it would be Seattle themed for this first exhibit. And probably mainly for my friends. 

A bouldering piece, a nature piece, a piece for my friends. A piece for Jaime. The pig roast. The honda. The tennis. Hawaii. The depression pieces. The green card piece. The desperation piece. The finding love piece. The insecurity pieces. The awe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing more before term starts

Feelings #4