No Friends in College

Yeap. True.

Never really had the guts to admit it but somehow today I'm feeling extra brave or something. Maybe its something in my breakfast cereal. Maybe because I just broken up and am feeling extra vulnerable and feel like opening up to something. But that totally another story. So I started college about erm. May 2013. Which means I have been in college for 7 month? 2 semesters anyways. Sorry for the suckiness of my maths. And I'm studying the American Transfer Program which basically means I'm taking the American syllabus of taking new subjects each semester and setting my own timetable and basically have absolute fluidity in college. Thing is the ADTP, every single class you go to, its always different people in every class. Which is totally different from the British education system I've been in my whole life until now, where you are in the same class with the same people from 8am till 3pm and the timetable is all fixed.

Sure I do have plenty of acquaintances, people to say HI to in the hallways, people to copy homework from in classes (This is Malaysia you know, nobody actually do their homework themselves unless you are level 99999 nerd ) , people to copy notes and do class assignments with. But somehow there is never a friend there. No friends to go out to movies with, friends to eat lunch with, friends to gossip with. I really miss all my high school friends.

Maybe its my fault since I'm a real introvert. But I can totally pull off a conversation, say, when people talk to me, they won't feel awkward or run out of stuff to say or I won't pick my nose mid sentence, which means my social skills are intact. Its just that I never make the first move to talk to people first, which isn't a problem I guess cause I'm kinda cute ( sorreh ) and people tend to talk to me first and I can talk perfectly fine but after the conversation ends usually they just go, oh okay, thanks mate, good talk, byeeeee. Which I ll go NOOOOOOOO DON'T LEAVE ME. (nah I don't really do that just for purpose of making this more dramatic)
Maybe I give off the vibe that I hate humans.

Which yeaa thats another story to tell. I may be good in talking to people from my college, but I'm not comfortable in talking to them. What do you mean you confusing complicated girl? I mean, I just don't find people in my college that interesting to talk to. Somehow stuff they are interested in just don't interest me. Or maybe they are just humourless bunch of people that are secretly aliens cause somebody like me that is so desperate for friends still don't find my acquaintances somewhat suitable to be friends with and if I have to force myself to talk to them during lunch or when we are in class, I honestly rather be alone.

So alone time. Basically it just means sitting alone in the ginormous lecture hall, spending all free time in the library, skipping lunch, going home as soon as class ends, and a lot of playing with your phone/laptop/tablet (the ultimate tool god made to make humans unsociable). Which has a lot of perks I guess (hey bright side of things ya know, better than moaning that I'm so lonely)

#1 You get really really thin from skipping break time and lunch (who needs exercise)
#2 You pee a lot during break time because you keep filling up your water bottle to drink cause you have nothing to do during break
#3 Finding out a lot of cool stuff you didn't know existed on your phone
#4 Becoming an insufferable know it all when it comes to tech talk cause you play with your phone a lot
#5 Passing all levels on all sorts of Apps e.g. Cut the rope, Pudding Monsters, Plus having all high scores within your friend circle on say Temple Run, Subway Surfer.
#6 You get a lot of exercise from climbing stairs instead of taking the elevator because you walk alone and you have plenty extra time so you take the stairs.
#7 You score REALLY REALLY GOOD RESULTS from all the time in the library
#8 You can forget to do homework the night before and still have time to finish it before class starts, since you don't have anyone to gossip with
#9 You are really close with your lecturers.
#10 You are really close to the cafeteria workers cause you are so desperate you talk to them about food

YEAP.
Just kidding.

Okay la I guess its my fault as instead of spending first semester of college getting to know people and making friends, I hung out a lot with my boyfriend. We are in different courses by the way. And now since we kinda broke up, or having a break whichever, I'm kinda alone once again.

Really contemplating my life choice whether I want to switch courses back the British Education system I've been in my whole life since all my other friends from high school continued with A levels and they all are happy as frigging clams. Which if I transfer, I'm kinda throwing away the possibility that I'm going to the States to study and resigning to the fate my parents thought out for me which is finishing my college education locally. Which. I rather go to the States. Which somehow I think the States is a more worse place to make friends, judging by all the forums on the internet that states that they have no friends.

AHH LIFE JUST SUCKS DOESN'T IT.

Ciaos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma